Friday 22 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey

Day 5

The dawn of an era...

Activity 1

  1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa. Welcome to New Zealand
  2. Brennan is my name. Ko Brennan toku ingoa
  3. What is your name? He aha to ingoa
  4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro.I like to play rugby
  5. Where do you come from?No hea koe


Activity 2

1. Waitangi Treaty Grounds Hāngi and Concert


2. Waitangi Mountain Bike Park


3.  Taiamai Tours Heritage Journeys


I would like to do the mountain biking.

Bonus Activity

#Earnthefern


1. how heavy are you?
2. how many times do you practice a week?
3. how many people did you fight against?
4. if you weren't a boxer what would you rather be?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brennan,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! Great to see that you've been making your way through these activities! Well done.

    Activity 1: You've translated those sentences very well! Good work. I wonder if you know any Maori or have learnt any at school. It's important to know some Maori language, I think, because it's Aotearoa's native language and isn't known anywhere else.

    Activity 2: Those sound like some really fun ideas! I was at Waitangi once on Waitangi Day. It was so busy! They did a 21 gun salute and I got such a big fright because I didn't see it coming!

    Bonus Activity: Those are great questions! Asking what he would be if he wasn't a boxer is a good idea. How many times do you think he would need to practice to be that good?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.