Thursday 21 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey

day 4: hitting the high note

Activity 1: Task: Tell us your favourite Maori waiata
Here is the link to it: Here
I like it because it is catchy

Activity 2 Task: Choose a game and tell us what its name is, what is the purpose and 2 rules

Poi Toa: The goal is to make a poi and then you can play with it. This does not have any rules.

Bonus Activity: In order put your favourite performance to least favourite performance

#1 - Tamatea Ariknui
#2 - Te lti kahurangi
#3 - Te puku o Te lka 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brennan

    The waiata that you have chosen is very catchy indeed. I just listened to Waiata Ngahau. I haven't heard this one before. Where did you hear it?
    The game sound very interesting. You should make up a game using the poi. Have you seen the one that Te hiringa play outside when they throw the poi into the air and have to catch it without it touching the ground. That one is great fun to play.
    When you watched the performances you didn't tell me why you ranked them in the order that you did. If I am going to give you full points then can you just tell me that please.

    Well done again Brennan

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brennan,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you during the Summer Learning Journey program.

    That is a lovely waiata! Why do you find this song so catchy?

    Poi Toa is a fun game to play. Have you ever made poi before? I think there are sorts of rules. For example, it says on the website that you can't use Kapa Haka poi to play this game.

    That's an interesting order you have put the performances into. Why have you decided that Tamatea Ariknui is your favourite one?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.