Sunday 6 January 2019

Summer Leaning Journey The Secretive Skink

Pros and cons.pro are a good thing and cons are a bad thing.

Pros and cons about being a DOC Ranger. 

Pros(The good things):

1.You will get to see all the animals like Skinks

2.It would be quiet and peaceful

3.It would be good if you were into nature

Cons(bad things)

1.Bugs (see my explanation below)

2.You would have to work in all types of weather

3.If you had a allergy


I really don't think that I would want to be a DOC Ranger just because of all the bugs and things, So when I mean bugs I mean spiders and all bugs like that.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Brennan,

    You have done a fantastic job on this activity! You have thought well about the pros and cons of working as a Department of Conservation (DOC) ranger, I'm impressed! Thank you for also giving us a quick explanation of what pros and cons mean, it's very helpful. I wonder, what kinds of animals would you like to see? Would you also want to see a skink in real life? I live in Auckland and it's a very busy and loud city so I would very much enjoy the peace and quiet that nature has to offer.

    You're most probably right, I would also imagine that there would be plenty of bugs out there in the forests. You have made a really good point Brennan, I didn't think about the weather conditions or people with allergies so good on you for doing that! It wouldn't be too pleasant walking around with wet, muddy boots. It wouldn't be nice sneezing or itching wherever you went either - you could scare the animals away! You've done a great job of explaining why you wouldn't like to be a DOC ranger. What job do you think you would like to do in the future?

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.