Saturday 21 December 2019

Summer learning journey Activity 2:Discovering Aotearoa

Although me and my parents and all my grandparents were all born in New Zealand my ancestors came from England. My great grandma came with her family from England on a ship when she was three years old. Her sister was born on the ship off the coast for Virginia while they where coming to New Zealand. My great grandad was born in Denniston  but his family arrived from New Castle.

My Nan's ancestors came from England on one of the first ships called the Randolph.

By Brennan

2 comments:

  1. Hello Brennan,

    My name is Caitlyn and this summer I'm apart of the Summer Learning Journey team, commenting on your blogs.

    This is a great blog post you have made. Wow, it would of been an experience travelling on a big ship at the age of three! I wonder what it would of been like?

    Good job on finding out this information about your ancestors. Keep up the great blogging,

    Caitlyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brennan

    Great work with this activity. It is great to see that you are participating again this year.
    Wow! It is great that you know so much history about where your family came from. Did you already know this or did you have to ask someone?
    You are very lucky that you do know this information . Not everyone has someone that can tell them that.

    My Mum was born in Australia and my Dad in New Zealand. I was born in a place called Dargaville which is at the top of the North Island. But I live living her on the West Coast.

    Hope you are enjoying your holidays and keep up the great work. We are all looking forward to reading all you posts over the summer.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.