Thursday 3 January 2019

summer leaning journey weird and wonderful

how to solve this maths problem

Imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day. Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant?


1095ml is the answer to that.What I did was multiply 3mls by how many days in the year 365.That was how I got my answer.

Hopefully that your cactus is alive after the full year
Image result for watering can

1 comment:

  1. Hello Brennan,

    You have done a fantastic job of showing your working! Well done for following instructions and giving your final answer in millilitres. I like that you have also written out the question because it makes it easy for people to understand what you are trying to work out, good work!

    Do you think you would like to receive a cactus plant for your birthday? I used to have a baby cactus plant when I was younger and it was so cute but very prickly so I had to be careful!

    Best,
    Evelyn :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.