Friday 29 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey

Day 5: Coming to an End

Activity 1 Sweet Tooth

my favourite sweet treat is a chocolate chip cookie. 

here is the recipe my mum makes.

75 grams butter, melted
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
cup flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Beat together the melted butter, raw sugar, brown sugar and egg. Sift the flour and baking soda and add this to the butter mixture together with the chocolate chips. Mix until well combined. Place balls (about a teaspoonful) on greased/lined oven trays, leaving space for the cookies to spread.





1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Brennan,

    My name is Jordan and I'm the Kootuitui (Papakura, South Auckland) cluster manager. I have the pleasure of commenting on your blog posts this summer!

    Wow, yum, I love chocolate chip cookies. You're so fortunate that your Mum bakes these for you!
    Thanks for providing us with a delicious picture and recipe, I'll be sure to bake some very soon.

    Have you ever baked before? It's not a very easy feat; I used to bake a lot when I was younger. I baked simple stuff like chocolate cakes and peanut brownies. I think I'm a bit rusty at baking now, as the last thing I baked didn't rise and burnt on the base. Looks like I need to keep practicing!

    Keep up the great work Brennan, I look forward to reading more!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.